Here at PCK we like to offer our families several extracurricular options to expand on children’s interests outside of the classroom. We partner with a variety of third party vendors to provide classes in the middle of the day.
Mats on the Move
Also known as Tumble Bus, Mats on the Move is a gymnastics trailer brought to us by Dan Zimmerman. In high school, Mr. Dan (as the kids lovingly call him) competed in many sports including soccer, football, basketball, track & field, wrestling, and gymnastics. As a gymnast he was a three time National High School All American, ranking 5th in the nation on the still rings in 1985.
Since moving to Colorado in 1985, Mr. Dan has had the great pleasure of teaching gymnastics to children of all ages. Here is a list of positions he has held as a teacher or coach:
- Gymnastics Unlimited (Northglenn, CO) – recreation program and assistant boys team coach
- Northglenn High School – Assistant and Head coach boys gymnastics team
- Denver Elite Sports Academy – Head coach boys gymnastics team / boys program director
- Chatfield Gymnastics Academy – Head coach boys gymnastics team / boys program director
- United States Olympic Training Center (Colorado Springs) – Assistant coach summer gymnastics camp
- Castle Rock Dance Academy – Tumbling and acrobatics
- Michelle Latimer Dance – Tumbling and acrobatics
- Mat on the Move – Founder / owner / teacher
Certifications and training include…
- Recognized Expert in gymnastics – Adams County School District
- Safety Certified – USA Gymnastics
- Accredited Junior Olympic Boys Program gymnastics coach – USA Gymnastics
- Judge Junior Olympic Boys Program – USA Gymnastics
- Attended state, regional, and national conventions and training – USA Gymnastics
- CPR / AED / First Aid – CPR Coloardo
Classes for Fall, 2017:
Mondays; 11:25 am – 11:55 am OR 12:00 pm – 12:30 pm
Wednesdays; 11:25 am – 11:55 am OR 12:00 pm – 12:30 pm
Thursdays; 11:25 am – 11:55 am
Cost: $75/6 weeks plus a $10 annual registration fee. 10% Sibling Discount offered.
To contact Dan, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Academy of Art
Janessa Tamsett, Owner/Director has pursued her passion for instructing art to the community for the past fifteen years. She spent the last ten years creating unique art curriculum and programs for ages three through adult. Janessa has over twenty-five years of painting and drawing experience. She provides specialized art programs at various preschools and elementary schools throughout South Denver, plus international organizations. She also leads private and group visual art classes for children and adults. As well as instructing art, she provides art workshops and seminars. Academy of Art’s educational art curriculum uses traditional art terms, mediums and techniques. The lesson plans are designed to improve drawing skills, learn art concepts and encourage self-expression.
To sign up, please visit www.academyofart.us.
Fall registration will be available at the beginning of the school year.
Sticky Fingers is a fun program that teaches the children how to cook and the importance of good nutrition. Students get to work on a variety of tasty snacks that they create and get to eat afterward.
Fun, engaging and creative chef instructors mix together a sense of fun and excitement as they combine the love of cooking with nutritional information, safe cooking skills and hygiene, jokes, geography, math skills and food history to help inspire a lifetime love of delicious, healthy family cooking.
It’s like having your favorite teacher or camp counselor don a chef’s hat and apron. Our Sticky Fingers-trained instructors all share a love of cooking and working with kids. We are proud to have Montessori school teachers, culinary school teachers, summer camp directors, preschool teachers, catering chefs and even graduates from Le Cordon Bleu in Paris on our talented and dedicated team of instructors.
We know that food allergies and sensitivities are serious. All of our recipes are nut-free and we will happily accommodate any other food allergy or sensitivity. We think every student in a Sticky Fingers class deserves to fully participate in making and enjoying the food in class. It’s always great opportunity for us to get creative with our recipes!
To register for sessions for the 2017-2018 school year:
You can find more information at www.stickyfingerscooking.com.